Completion Chapter 13

Accompaniment One: Like the Rain

By Drakonlily

Yuffie felt tears threaten as the door to her home slammed for the final time in her face. She tried to choke back her tears, but a rumble of thunder over the hot city shook them loose. The rain began suddenly. Yuffie had never liked the rain.

I never liked the rain until I walked through it with you. Every thunder cloud that came was one more I might not get through.

She wasn't going to go back to her friends for help this time. She couldn't. Yuffie felt so helpless, but some things people had to do alone didn't they? Where would people be if they couldn't do anything on their own? She ran to the bridge, slipping on the newly slick stones.

But on the darkest day there's always light and now I see it too. But I never liked the rain.

Rude watched her from the corner of the palace. As the rain began to pound down on his head it made the warm night fog up his ever present sunglasses. He removed them and followed her. "I hate the rain." he muttered

until I walked through it with you.

She was leaning on the bridge, as if the world had crashed down about her shoulders yet again. Some force seemed to be tugging her to the ground. He forgot about the rain, the only water that concerned him were the tears that fell from her eyes. He swore that he could hear them hit the river over the now some how silent storm. He knew for a fact that he felt every one.

I hear it falling in the night, filling up my mind. All of heaven's rivers come to light

The mist was so think that she couldn't see the moon. She slumped down further, barely able to see in front of her face. Yuffie felt someone look at her, she sat up not bothering to wipe her face. She peered into the mist. Concentrating to low to see what she was looking for. She looked up to see lightly glowing eyes the color of the moon she had wanted to see when she first came to the bridge. Their tall owner so close.

I see it all unwind. I hear it talking through the trees and on the window panes. When I hear it I just can't believe I never liked the rain

"Rude?" She asked in a hushed tone. He brushed a rain slicked lock of hair from her face and pulled her to him. "I-I- I'm sorry," she sobbed into his chest.

Like the rain I have fallen for you and I know just why

He looked down into her gray eyes with his, a half smile on his face. The rain had ceased to exist- it couldn't contend with the storm in her eyes. Yuffie reached up through the rain and the mist to touch his chin.

You like the rain always calling for you I'm falling for you now. Just like the rain.

The lightning made them both look up at the night, instinctively they moved closer together. Rude tilted his head back down to see the woman in his arms.

When the cloud is over, thunder striking me. It's as bright as lighting and I wonder why I couldn't see

He didn't care about Lord Godo, about Wutai, about anything but her right now. How could he have been so blind? To not realize she had been worried about losing him? The rain continued to pelt down and the mist rose up, entwining with their legs. "You're not getting rid of me." He assured her.

That its always good and when the flood is gone we still remain

She laughed and pulled herself closer to him, "who said I'd let you go?"

Guess I've known all along I just belong here with you falling like the rain, I have fallen for you and I know just why you like the rain

Rude smiled at that as she hugged him. Her wet face against his wetter shirt. For the first time since it started he noticed the rain falling on them. For the first time he realized how clean the rain made everything seem. The clouds began to shift, the rain continued to fall.

Always calling for you I'm falling for you now just like the rain.

"Rude?"

Just like the rain I have fallen for you, I'm falling for you now just like the rain

Yuffie sat her chin on his chest, unwilling to let go of him and unable to see his face any other way. She had wanted to be strong like him, able to be alone. She needed him, now what was she to do about it? She took a deep breath, "I love you."

And when the night falls on our better days and we're looking to the sky for the winds to take us high above the plains.

"You don't have to love me back." She started to feel the tears return. Yuffie berated herself for the weakness. For needing anyone who didn't need back. He pushed her back gently against the rail of the bridge again. He put his arms on either side of her, bringing their faces close

I know that we'll find better ways to look into the eye of the storms that will be calling

He kissed her, letting one hand hold her waist. She kissed him back, hearing what he couldn't say and feeling what there weren't words to describe.

Forever we'll be falling, like the rain I have fallen for you and I know just why you like the rain always calling for you I'm falling for you now just like the rain

He broke from their kiss for one slow moment, "I love you." This time Yuffie pulled Rude to her. He didn't have to say it again, not now or ever, she knew.

I have fallen for you and I know just why you like the rain always calling for you I'm falling for you now. Just like the rain.

Rude had been wrong about one very simple thing, "Yuffie?"

Like the rain

She laughed at him, reading his mind, "Guess we both do now don't we?" at his raised eye brow she wiped the side of his cheek, "I think that we both-

Like the rain".


Chapter 14

Final Fantasy 7 Fanfic